I have been trying to savvy what Comey was doing with all his leaking, especially the January 2017 leak of the Flynn phone call to Ambassador Kislyak. I am assuming it was Comey who leaked it, but he could’ve manipulated McCabe or Clapper to do it. In any case, my guess is that Comey was the mastermind of it. His signature traits:
- Monumental ego on the scale of a NY or California politician
- “Savior of America” delusion of grandeur
- Practitioner of “Ethics for thee but not for me!” ← ← lying, “weasel moves,” etc.
In early January, Comey has the Flynn/Kislyak transcript in some form. In order to infect Obama with it, he sends it to DNI Clapper. Clapper obliges and briefs Obama about Flynn and Kislyak. The next day, Obama is obliged to call a meeting of his intelligence types, followed by a small group “meeting after the meeting.” In that small meeting, Obama tries to distance himself from Comey, “by the book.” This interpretation of Obama’s motive comes from the Susan Rice CYA memo and Sally Yates testimony in Congress: Yates is surprised about the phone call and that Obama knows about it, but Comey reacts calmly — he knew all about the phone call. But it’s too late for Obama. Comey has “touched” Obama.
Other Comey leaks
- Leak to Wall Street Journal about Midyear Exam (MYE) investigation of Hillary Clinton’s email obstruction. McCabe was the leaker, the inspector general nailed him for it, but he claimed Comey knew. Comey claims he did not know. My guess is that Comey knew and forced McCabe to take it, with Comey knowing he could count on McCabe being declined. Motive for the leak: protect McCabe and perhaps protect something else in Comey’s MYE schemes.
- Leak to Washington press corp that President-elect Trump had been briefed on the Steele dossier. Clapper was the leaker. Motive for leak: bootstrap a criminal or counterintelligence investigation of President-elect Trump. Secondary motive: blackmail the incoming president.
- Leak to NY Times of several of his memoranda concerning President Trump. Daniel Richman was the leaker. Motive for the leak: con his sub-weasel colleague Rod Rosenstein into the Special Counsel investigation.
- Probably other leaks, TBA.
Who knows how many other anonymous sources were really Comey pulling the strings?
So it appears, in this analysis, that in two days, Comey runs a lefthanded blackmail operation against a sitting president and a president-elect. His self-lubricating mind must have been shaking with anticipation.
In addition, the other evil genius is DCI John Brennan. My guess is that the Italian thing is mostly Brennan’s work, and that it was initially independent of Comey’s Flynn scheme.