The travel plans in Rick Moran’s PJMedia article, How to Tell Which Campaign Thinks They’re Winning — and Losing describes a tale of two cities:
- Flights of fury with Mr. Obama flying around like crazy:
- Mr. Romney’s efficient targeting plan,
Here are a few conspicuous visual patterns, to my eye:
- No Romney trip to Florida; Obama to Ft. Lauderdale. What does that tell you?
- Both candidates flicking to New Hampshire. Seems like a lot of effort for a few electoral votes. How close do they think it will be?
- Huge churning for both candidates in, as Michael Barone calls it, Germano-Scandinavian America, especially Wisconsin and Iowa.
- No repeats for Romney, so he will be spending one significant visit, one significant message. Obama is flicking around like a housefly, leaving fly specks, sloganeering probably.
Leave a comment if you see more patterns that seem important.