USA Homeland Security Secretary, Janet Napolitano, is in Pakistan at the same time the Marines push deeper into Afghanistan’s Helmand province. Obviously not related. Yeah, right.
Officials: U.S. Missile Strike in Pakistan Kills 17 – FOXNews.com
Friday, July 03, 2009 AP
ISLAMABAD — U.S. missiles struck a training facility operated by Pakistani Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud and a militant communication center Friday, killing 17 people and wounding 27 others, intelligence officials said….
They took place as U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano met government officials in the Pakistani capital, Islamabad. She discussed topics of “mutual interest” with them, a U.S. Embassy spokesman said.
Posted using ShareThis
Also see updating version of this AP story.
Once again, let’s review some recent events:
- Strange al Quaeda events in Zahedan, Iran.
- Pres. Obama contacts Grand Ayatollah Khameini.
- Massive street protests for freedom in Iran.
- Pres. Obama strangely keeps his mouth shut.
- The street protests go quiet but have not disappeared.
- Pakistan positions troops opposite the border with Helmand Province.
- Today, the US Marines launch operations into the south of Afghanistan, south of Lashkar Gah.
- Janet Napolitano shows up in Islamabad for discussion of unspecified topics.
Well, coincidences are fun but I am getting more agnostic about this series of events!