- Many guesstimators since 9/11/2001 have guessed that Osama bin Laden was hiding out in Baluchistan, a region that overlaps the borders of Afghanistan, Iran and Pakistan.
- May 28: In Zahedan, Iran, there is an explosion from suicide bombers inside a mosque.
- Zahedan is a city near the triple point where the borders of Afghanistan, Iran and Pakistan meet. It is in the Sistan and Baluchistan province of Iran.
- Rumors have floated about that Osama bin Laden at some point stayed near Zahedan.
- Zahedan is near Zabol, also a rumored location inside Iran.
- For further geographic reference, the map below also shows Quetta and Kandahar, two other cities associated with al-Quaeda and the Taliban.
The news accounts vary, but one from AP seems unusual:
Iran Hangs 3 for Involvement in Deadly Mosque Bombing
AP/Saturday, May 30, 2009
TEHRAN, Iran — Three people convicted of involvement in a mosque bombing in southeastern Iran that killed 25 were hanged Saturday, Iran’s official news agency reported.
The three men supplied explosives to the perpetrators who carried out the Thursday bombing in Zahedan, 1,000 miles southeast of the capital Tehran, said a statement issued by the judiciary.
Ebrahim Hamidi, the head of the justice department in Zahedan, said that the men were actually arrested before the mosque bombing, but they had “confessed to importing explosives into Iran and providing them to the main person behind the attack.” [Emphasis added.]
I smell a rat.
They had these three guys before the bombing, yet the bombing still happened?
Who benefits from the mullahs of Iran exploding a mosque, blaming it on a small Sunni band, then hanging the three guys two days later?
Is the bombing a provocation under color of law?
Are the mullahs preparing to give up Osama bin Laden?